BYPASS DRYLICK + RUMENSIN™
- BYPASS DRYLICK + R is a low cost drylick for sheep and cattle on a low quality roughage diet. Plenty of roughage is essential.
- BYPASS DRYLICK + R is a supplement designed to feed the rumen bugs and stimulate feed intake.
- BYPASS DRYLICK + R contains RUMENSIN TM which increases the efficiency of energy available from all the feed consumed by the animal by approxmiately 10%.
Vegetable protein meals, lime, salt, sulphate of ammonia, urea, vitamin and mineral premix, vegetable oils, and rumensin.
RUMENSIN TM is a registered feed ingredient for enhancing productivity by increasing the rate of weight gain and improving feed conversion efficiency of the animal.
Precautions- Ensure Rumensin productivity enhancer for sheep and cattle is NOT fed to other animal species,(eg. Horses) as toxicity may occure. Do not exceed the recomended dose rate.
Sheep 1 day
Sheep (export slaughter interval) 7 days
Suitable for all classes of Sheep and Cattle
PLANNED SUPPLEMENT INTAKE
Inital period 50-70g/hd/day 8-12g/hd/day
On full urea 100-150g/hd/day 15-25g/hd/day
FEEDING BYPASS DRYLICK + R
Cut a 200 litre drum in half, between the 2 rings to form a vertical sided tub. (This way if it happens to rain on the supplement the drum will only catch what falls directly into it, unlike a trough which has a funnelling effect).
The half drum should be adequate for approximately 40 adult cows. Adequate number of drums is critical for the distrubition of the supplement throughout the heard. It is very important to regularly measure the intake of the supplement across the heard.
Cut out one side of a square plastic drum and lay over, (for same reasons as for cattle) The drum should be adequate for approximately 40 adult sheep.
RULES FOR USING BYPASS DRYLICK + R
Urea is toxic if .....
- The rumen is not adjusted
- It is not fed constantly
- It becomes liquefied in a trough or block
- Start urea intake slowly
- Maintain access to the supplement 100% of the time
- Use drums for Bypass Drylick + R as explained in the above suggested feeding method
- There should be adequate drums available for the number of animals
- Remove any salt craving before feeding Bypass Drylick + R
Feed out some straight salt to start with to test the animals reaction. If they get into the salt, continue untill salt cravings are reduced.
Download information sheet, which includes : Typical Analysis of the ingredients in the feed.